On March 31, 2020, at 5:30 p.m., the Chilton County Commission met in an Emergency Meeting to discuss emergency response measures to the COVID-19 emergency. Effective today, April 1, 2020,
- Courthouse will be closed to the public for 14 days.
- All department phone numbers will be posted at courthouse entrance and on social media.
- Appointments for in-person transactions will be required and must be deemed essential or an emergency by the ranking member of the department receiving the request.
- Department Heads will be given the ability to allow employees to “work from home” on a rotating schedule understanding that not all employees should be working from home at any given time and that an essential staff should be in place to handle online transactions and other required daily tasks including essential/emergency in-person transactions. Exceptions are the Road Department, Maintenance and Cleaning staff who are to continue social distancing and follow guidelines for protection against COVID-19.
- All employees working from home will be required to be available and accessible at all times by their supervisors and co-workers to field questions by phone and respond to e-mails as needed.
- All employees will be required to sanitize going out, meaning they will be responsible for wiping down all surfaces and doorknobs on their way out every afternoon preparing for the next group to come into their work area as scheduled or as needed.
- Courthouse will be accessible to the Court system.
- Courthouse will be accessible to the Board of Registrars.